Live Speech Mapping
What is live speech mapping?
Live speech mapping is a hearing aid verification method that uses speech as a stimulus to ensure that your hearing aids are programmed for your individual needs. With this method, small microphones placed in the ear canal are used to measure the response of the hearing aid in your ear taking into account the natural and individual characteristics of both your ear and your hearing loss. Your audiologist will have equipment that allows her to “see” what you are hearing through your hearing aids on a screen in real-time.
Benefits of live speech mapping
Live speech mapping is known for its accuracy. Without speech mapping verification, other methods to program your hearing aid may require additional adjustments. Live speech mapping increases the chances that your hearing aid programming will be done correctly on the first try.
If you have a hearing loss, you may not be able to fully understand what you can and cannot hear, and therefore, you may not understand everything you are missing. With speech mapping, you will have the ability to hear the improvements immediately, and you will be shown exactly what you can and cannot hear in real-time.
Benefits live speech mapping:
- Focuses on the important and basic function of being able to effectively hear human speech
- Provides immediate and tangible results
- Shown to increase successful outcomes of fittings
- Increases your confidence and comfort in using your new hearing aids
- Provides more accurate programming of hearing aids
- Reduces number of return visits